Friday, September 22, 2006

Six Week Survival

I had my six week post-partum check up today. It's a milestone that says...
  • I survived 6 realatively sleepless weeks.
  • I will eventually understand what my baby is trying to tell me and why my 2 year old is throwing a tantrum.
  • I've started to feel completely disconnected from the adult world.
  • I'm cleared by the doctor so I really don't have an excuse to not excercise anymore.
  • I'm really out of shape and pushing a double stroller up a hill is a lot more work than a single stroller.
  • People are no longer bringing meals, so I do need to attempt to cook more than soup and macaroni & cheese again.
  • I'll never be done changing diapers - they will last forever. (should have bought stock in Pampers to get a bit of my money back)
  • I love my boys and that makes difficult days like today tolerable.
Just a few of realizations today. Along with the outrage that Robinette's Apple Haus now charges a whopping $6 a gallon for apple cider. Heck I can get a gallon of gas for $2.14 now, and that has to be drilled from deep beneath the earth and transported around the world. Can't they do better for apples they are pulling from across the street and smushing into a jug in the back of the barn???

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Free cider (and homemade donuts) October 14 & 15 at Creekside! :) Congrats on making it 6 weeks with two little guys - the worst MAY be behind you!