Friday, February 19, 2010

Friend Dating

Remember the awkward days of dating? When you try to get a guys attention? Hoping to catch that girl's eye? Seeing if there were any mutual interests or if you had just entered into a conversation with the most annoying person on the face of the planet? Figuring out what measured steps to take in developing the relationship? Getting your heart broken from rejection? Figuring out how to break off a bad choice of a relationship?

Well, tonight I'm going friend dating. Trying to find friends at a scrapbook night at one of the churches we've tried out. I'm nervous. It feels very much like the old dating days (from what I remember from almost a dozen years ago). I'm trying to figure out what to bring. I'm actually gonna do my hair and wear something other than yoga pants and a sweatshirt.

For what it's worth, it's the most promising possibility I've had of meeting someone to talk to locally (which has basically been the grocery store, laundry mat, and car pool lane). It's only been a few weeks, but they seem like really LONG weeks too. Hopefully shared interests and shared faith will give a little bit of expediting on the friend shopping process.

So, off we go to see what God has in store for tonight's adventure...

P.S. The two calls from good friends back in MI this morning did make the process easier. Good to hear familiar voices and that people still care.

5 comments:

Jenelle said...

Nice to get out for an evening and met a couple of nice ladies, got tips on local doctors, and got three pages done on my scrapbooking. All around good night.

Teresa said...

The kids and I were praying for you that evening. Glad it went well. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see your comment here that it went well! It's got to be hard, starting over with everything like this.

Kiki said...

I'm thinking of you guys and praying that things will find a familiar rhythm and you'll feel at home soon. Finding friends is always the trickiest part of moving!!

Rock Chef said...

Glad it went well. I am sure you will soon make a bunch of good friends!