I spent some time with a 5th grade girl today. She's the daughter of my friend and she's second of three children who often feels very middle. We did a work project, played a few games, listened to Sharathon 2006 action (www.wcsg.org), and munched on some cookies.
I remember (vicariously) what it was like to be bored with life and family, to not have enough to do, to think that you'll never grow up and get to do all the fun thing in life. Do you remember those days?
Even as grown ups, we still wish away today in some manner or fashion for something better than today is offering. Yet God has offered me today, as a gift, a lesson, an opportunity... As I wish away and long for more, what I have I missed that He has offered me.
What does contentment look like? How would it fit if I tried that on? Wouldn't I feel much more comfortable wrapped up in God's peace and satisfaction?
Philippians 4:12 - I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
1 comment:
Blogging: Not Just For The Young Anymore
Forget shuffleboard, needlepoint, and bingo. Web logs, more often the domain of adolescents and middle-aged pundits, are gaining a foothold as a new leisure-time option for senior citizens.
Hey you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far, keep up the good job! A few days ago I was surfing the web and came across this cool site on Online loans - apply for loans online. It features all sorts of interesting information on Online loans - apply for loans online and makes it super easy to apply online. Now I know that people want fast services I recommend they visit Online loans - apply for loans online for quick and hassle-free service.
Post a Comment