I'm having a difficult time dealing with the way God is answering our prayer requests. Andy and I bought land about 3 1/2 years ago with the hope of building. We spent dozens of hours figuring out what we wanted, working with my brother to get plans drawn up, and interviewing builders. We asked that God would make it REALLY clear about whether we can really afford to do this or not.
The first builder gave us serious sticker shock - but we expected that from him. We figured the second builder would be better. He was, but we'd have to do a significant amount of the work ourselves to make it financially feasible. Even then, if things went poorly we were on the edge of making a bad fiscal decision for our family.
So... we've decided not to build and I think we'll sell the land as well. If I can't build the house that I love, that I can't say that I really want to build anything else. I keep thinking that God is telling us something through this. We just need to listen a little closer and see if we can figure out what that might be.
We'll still hold on to those house plans and maybe sometime down the road that dream will be part of God's plan for us.
1 comment:
I am so sorry! I know you were really looking forward to this. But the novelty would eventually wear off and you would have regretted it so I think you are being wise...for the time being. Thank God for that warning. Too many people don't heed it and have so many regrets. No house is worth a bad financial decision. Coming from someone who has built a home before...personally I don't think it's all that it's cracked up to be. It's nice and all but eventually it wears off and it's just a house. Besides there is so much work involved with a NEW home...
Just trying to point out the 'good' things about the situation. :-)
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment