Friday, October 27, 2006

Thankful for 3:30 AM

I found a reason to be thankful for 3:30 AM yesterday. As I groggily pulled my butt out of bed to feed the baby, Andy and I heard the washing machine still running, but it was loud. That's strange - it was running 4 hours ago when we went to bed...

I fed the baby and Andy still hadn't come back upstairs from checking things out and I knew that was a bad sign. The hot water line had ruptured and was flooding the basement. I was very grateful for the floor drain next to the machine that kept the whole basement from flooding. I was also grateful for cement walls rather than drywall.

So the water is gone now, but the mess is still there. All the Christmas decorations hidden under the stairs, masses of laundry, the cheap cabinet holding all of the clearanced formula I found and the canned applesauce and peaches.

Eventually we'll get everything sorted through, in new boxes and stored away. It could have been much worse. That's what I was thinking for the next hour as I went to bed and laid there unable to sleep.

1 comment:

Logzie said...

Complete Bummer!!!

Sorry...