Thursday, December 14, 2006

Holiday Stress

For as much as I LOVE CHRISTMAS, I always seem to forget the stress that comes along with it. Decorating, baking, church productions, service projects, youth group parties, family stuff, shopping with two little kids, cold season, parties, gift exchanges, christmas cards and much more.

Every year my Martha Stewart complex is challenged. I keep thinking, maybe next year I'll get to celebrate the way I'd like.

Then I stop and think about everything on my to do list and there really isn't much in the way of worship on docket. I was challenged by the very words I shared with our Junior High Students last night - Christmas is a gift. It is God's most precious gift to us. Will we receive the gift? Do we leave it all wrapped up or open it and enjoy the gift of a true and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ? There is plenty inside for me to be completely satisfied - actually more like overwhelmed - with plenty left over to share with everyone I know and love and those I'm just meeting.

I'm slipping in a Birthday Party for Jesus for all the kids at our Monday Night Football party coming up next week. Star birthday cakes, presents (Bible coloring books & English candy crackers), coloring sheets, and maybe a few other suprises...

Any suggestions of fun stuff to do with the kids (ages 3 - 8) at a Birthday party for Jesus?

2 comments:

topher1kenobe said...

Pin the tail on Donkey Dan? ;)

Logzie said...

Hmmm...that's a tough'y'.

Maybe have them 'act' out the story of the birth of Jesus. One girl could be Mary and some boys the wise men etc. etc. Pillow cases on their heads for costume. Then they are also learning the story too.

I'll try to think of more...