This was a much needed weekend to get my mind in order and get perspective about life. Why is the "woe is me" attitude so easy to slip into. Last week I started to get really overwhelmed and even a bit frustrated with life. I was working 3 part-time jobs + being a mom, doing church stuff, and dealing with sick kids. Andy was stressed out from the start of school and was home very little.
I was worried about Andy coping with the first week of the academy, that I guess I didn't stop to think what it would mean for me. I didn't do so well... until...
I worked at the greenhouse this weekend and REALLY enjoyed myself (other than my aching legs from standing on concrete that long). I stayed out late Saturday night chatting with a new friend and an old friend. It's amazing what shared experience means. I'm not the only one out there periodically pulling the temporary single mom thing. It's hard to adapt to, but realize, that it's only temporary. For so many others, this is there everyday reality with no end in sight.
Then I went to church. I sat there and soaked in truth. The songs, comments, message could have been specifically designed for me (amazing how God does that). I'm coming out refreshed, thankful that I have been able to pick up so many part-time jobs. There is endless possibilities to come from meeting new people along the way. I'm praying God will use me.
I've determine to spend less time thinking about the inconveniences, the imensity of the jobs, and fatigue. I'm gonna eat this elephant one bite at a time. I'm tired of trying to swallow the whole thing and choking.
Happy Monday and prayers/wishes for a productive week ahead.
1 comment:
Perspective has been my favorite word lately...perspective is invaluable and so necessary.
You can do this...and it might actually not even be as bad as you are thinking...LOL! And here's some more good news...Chuck will be out of town for work over 3 weekends in May and 3 weekends in June so that means you have a Saturday buddy!!...ME!!
Had a great time Saturday night but seriously...calling me "old" is not nice! lol!!
Post a Comment