Monday, May 25, 2009

Selfishness

Sometimes it's hard not to be selfish. It's been a long month, and I'm a bit tired. Correction, lots tired. All the time. I'm having a hard time not being selfish with my time when I get it.

My oldest has been down with a fever for a couple of days. Correction, down yesterday. Today, sick, upright, & fussy. Joy. Top that off, think son #2 is coming down with it. I hope not. We'll see what morning brings.

So today, I was excited about nap time. They both DESPERATELY needed, and so did I. And you know what that means - no one slept. So we tried a movie rest time. Ha. That meant movie mess with each other and get on each other's nerves time. Somewhere along the line I fell asleep on the couch. Dangerous I know. Didn't last long. That's when the loud singing, jumping on me, tapping my face to ask me a question about the movie he's seen a dozen times and knows the answer to, fighting, and mischief began.

God bless my husband who came home from study group and let me sleep for 1/2 hour. Better now. I think.

Good news is that my gardens are in (except for a few more seeds). Can't wait to post pictures and even more so, can't wait to eat the fresh goodness coming out of it. Grow fast my food. I'm hungry!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're entitled to feel selfish now and then. You have a lot on your plate.

Kate said...

don't feel bad. a bit of rest does everyone a whole lotta good.