Long day. Boys have been really tired, one very emotional/fits as well. Evening came to a rousing conclusion as boys were fighting over a place to see pictures on the laptop and a glass of water got spilled all over it. Yup, the laptop I use for my freelance work, that I have not backed up in about a month, with all my preferences/bookmarks/shortcuts... yup.
It's dismantled and drying. Praying that when we power it back up that it still works. With Andy out of work, there isn't money to buy another... so we wait and pray. I'm trying not to cry. It's just a computer.
Perspective: A family a few miles from here will say goodbye to their son who died fighting for freedom in Afghanistan tomorrow. Crying over a computer doesn't even compare...
3 comments:
Perspective is good, but don't beat yourself up. Frustration is natural, too. It's not the computer - it's the day, the hours of work the computer represents, and the ability to make money with it. We don't tell our kids not to cry when they get all banged up because someone died. I love you and don't think you should be so hard on yourself. :)
I second what Elizabeth said. Hope that your day is better today. Love you, and am here if you need to talk.
Ugh - I've been crying everyday just driving through town. Steve coached the Roush boys in b-ball...that's when it hits close to home.
Hope you have a better day today!
Post a Comment