... don't be in such a hurry. When you get, impatient, you only start to worry..."
That's a song from my childhood that gets stuck in my head (unfortunately). Patience is not my strongest characteristics. Maybe that's why God keeps me working on it.
In our world right now it feels like hurry up and wait. Andy hurries to get applications in for a job and then waits forever to hear back, and if/when he does it is a 3-6 month interview process. He has interviews scheduled, and Fargo is doing background checks on him - but we won't get any word on those for 2 more weeks.
I have a lead on a position as a substitute teacher at a day care that would be really flexible and allow me to have Ty with me there. Seems like the perfect fit... Can't apply until I get a TB test and I can't get in to get one of those for almost 2 weeks...
So wait we will. There really isn't much choice in the matter is there. Might as well enjoy the ride.
In the meantime I'm having a ton of fun with my boys as we celebrate 3 weeks of Thanksgiving. If we can devote a whole month to Christmas (or more if you are retail), than we can spend a few weeks being thankful. I love to see my boys getting in to it. They are thinking about being thankful, grateful, and giving. Albeit those are brief moments in between sibling rivalry...
I've had lots of "projects" for the boys to work on regarding Thanksgiving - coloring, cutting, gluing, creating... and it's been helping to keep them a bit busier and strife a bit less. Think I may make a focus each month and keep this thing going all winter if that is the result. Either that or I'll beat a dead horse and my kids will have craft nightmares.
I'll leave you with a thankful note.
I'm grateful for the growing and stretching my family has done this year. I'm glad that we've seen what it means to be a family, what matters, how we can work together, ways that God provides, the kindness of family/friends/strangers/church family, and most of all - how much there is to be thankful for. Learning much about the difference between cost and value. They aren't the same. More on that another night.
1 comment:
I like the sound of the monthly focus - a great way to keep the kids busy when it is cold out.
It never ceases to amaze me how much of a job it is finding a job!
Hope things settle soon, and have a great weekend.
Post a Comment