We've hit the stage of "lasts" and goodbyes. Today I took my last shopping trip to Aldi's. They don't have stores in ND. Had my last night with our youth group kids last night and found myself choking up and holding back tears as kids shared their memories and thanks for us. Oh yeah, and laughed a lot too.
I'm loving seeing friends all the time right now, but not enjoying that the purpose is saying goodbye/see you later... Seems like the time together is dampened by the knowledge of the length of time until the next opportunity to see these precious people again.
I'm not dreading leaving. I know things will be fine there. It's just the unknown. There's no great prize at the end of the trip for me like there is for Andy. He is following his dream. My prize is still unknown. I know that God has one for me... it just hasn't been revealed (or even teased yet). I'm glad that God knows what is going on, because I have to say that I sure don't.
Really would like to cry tears of joy for a change. If you have something wonderful in life - share because I could really use hearing some happy things right now...
6 comments:
My heart goes out to you. I left my hometown on Long Island, church and friends to move to Carlisle, Pa. where my husband had a great job and I knew no one with two kids and it was 22 degrees in January. You know I'm praying for you!
You have such a positive outlook!! You are such an amazing woman and I know you will be rewarded in the end:) I don't have any joyful stories to share, so I'll be keeping you close to my heart:) all will be well...
our kids, though having a cold or stomach bug sometimes, are all healthy, happy, clothed, fed, and sheltered. that is enough for me right now. that is my happy. :)
My blessing for today comes from a mutual dentist friend. :) Kate had three cavities (which, I assume are all my fault, since my genetics gave her that darn sweet tooth).
Brian filled two of the three for FREE! Just because we've been loyal customers and show up for our appointments. What joy!
Praying for you guys and that you'll find a store even more amazing than Aldi. I don't know if that's possible, but I'll pray that way! :)
Your prize is that I'm going to come visit you!!! :-)
(I just thought that might make you giggle!)
You're going to be fine. Fargo is a pretty cool place. I'm sure you'll love it soon enough.
Sorry about the "ugly cry" today.
Love, love, love you!!
Post a Comment