We have been so blessed with friends, neighbors, and family. As hard as it is to say goodbye to so many of them over the past couple of weeks, it's a great insight into what it means to be loved and cared for by others.
I've cried and laughed much over this time. I'm not typically a publicly emotional person, but oh well. You can put up with me after my ugly cries.
Our neighbors had a terrific going away party for us filled with goodbye gifts, concerns, and offers for us to stay with them when we come back to visit. My friend Lynn packed a bag filled with 24 brown paper lunch bags - 1 for each of my boys for 12 hours of the trip. She said we may not thank them after the kids open the bags and that makes me nervous, but oh so grateful for the generous and thoughtful gift.
I was able to spend time with friends who came over to help me pack and then I wouldn't pack that much (only so much you can pack ahead of time), but it ended as a good excuse just to hang out with friends without feeling guilty. However, I am boycotting packing today.
Teresa helped me make Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls (took to the neighborhood party) and pack and it was one of those that you tried to soak in every moment while you can. I hugged on her kids because I knew they would be so big by the next time I see them. It's hard to say goodbye to a kindred spirit. Once again we have to experience life together. We've both decided to move cross-country and unfortunately it's in opposite directions. Drat, should have better coordinated that. Boy am I gonna miss her.
Said goodbye to my youth group as well. That was difficult. I've been working with Jr Highers for 13-14 years, before some of my current students were even born. Now some of them are married, have kids, are involved in ministries of their own... Never realized what a part of my life it had become until I said goodbye to it.
So crunch time has come, with a crazy week left. It may be a while until I am back. Thanks for all of your encouragement and kind words. They have meant so much.
3 comments:
You truly are blessed with good friends and family. I hope the next week goes as smoothly as possible and stress is at a minimum.
...great...the waterworks are flowing again...
Love you girl!
Prayers and blessings!
Post a Comment