Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mom Help Needed

Any idea on how to deal with bathroom regression in a 3-year-old?? I'm at a loss. Incentives aren't working, consequences aren't working... Help.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Probably not something that incentives and punishments are going to affect. I would try to just talk about how things are and have been recently - could be a result of all the moving and stuff - possibly just a cry for attention?

Good luck.

Teresa said...

Oh...GREAT insight RC!! You never cease to amaze me. :)

Yah, I would try to take a break from it completely and just sneek into the conversations things like "you know it will be sad when you can't go to school like a big boy next year (like Ryan etc.) b/c you won't go on the potty". Subtle ways to educate him on the natural consequences of his choice. Allowing him to think it thru and come to you about it.

I'll keep thinking too...