Monday, May 17, 2010

Shopping

Warning: Girl post ahead.

If there is something worse than jean shopping it is bathing suit shopping. My two dreaded adventures. I've put both off for a long time, and it is long past time to replenish my closet and drawers, but I have to do so without breaking the bank. So let the shopping begin.

Okay, let me vent for a moment. I really don't think designers have a clue about what women want to wear at the beach let alone in the back-yard sprinkler.
  • First of all, I'm a modest person. I think it's respectful to everyone around me as well as my husband to keep my assets covered. I don't think designers believe people like me exist anymore because they certainly aren't providing products for us.
  • Second of all, I have children who are prone to push or pull on things in embarrassing directions, run off towards danger requiring me to run after them, and want me to play all sorts of games in the water. I'd like my suit to stay on in those endeavors.
  • Next, God gave me things for feeding my babies that don't fit well under a 2.5" X 2.5" patch of fabric on strings, also see reason #1 and #2. If my undergarments require support for the ladies, so does my suit.
  • If you need more support and coverage it doesn't mean that you want to dress like a grandma at the beach. Enough of the ruffles, girlie fabrics, and rouching down the center.
  • If the top of the suit will not stay on in the dressing room, it won't stay on when it's wet. Waves happen.
  • Strings will only hold so much for so long.
Okay, that being said, I was ELATED to find 2 tankini tops on the clearance rack for $5.50 each which will go with the skirt bottom that I already have. I think of this as my reward for trying on all the awful designs/patterns/suits for the night.

Along with that I got 2 pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans and two pair of capris for $3 each at a garage sale this weekend and they fit perfect.

Woo hoo for summer deals.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

My wife would agree with all of this, especially with the bit about 2.5 iches of cloth trying to cover things!

Anonymous said...

I DO love a good bargain. I have spent big money on Lands End bathing suits, but my favorite suit came from the Kohl's clearance rack. It is a skirt and tankini top! I just don't see how anyone can relax in those itsy bitsy teeny weeny suits!