Sunday, June 13, 2010

Decompressing

After a 10-day road trip with two boys, lots of friends and family, coping with new child food allergies, almost 2000 miles on the rental car, and my husband at home working... I came back home one tired and happy girl. The boys did AWESOME and made the trip so much easier on me. I couldn't have been prouder. I got to enjoy time with many of my favorite people in this world. Had more than our fair share of fun in the sun. But let me tell ya... we were all whipped.

It was great to be back, but I have to admit it felt less like "home" and it doesn't feel like "home" here yet either. Feeling a bit homeless, but I guess that helped be a bit more content to be here. Everyone has gone on with life. We are missed, but everyone has moved on... I guess that's the way its suppose to be.

After a long road trip, we pulled in at 4 pm and boy #2 had soccer practice at 4:30 and boy #1 at 5:15... and then 3 days of VBS at church. From one whirlwind to another.

So when I hit the weekend I was ready to CRASH. My husband took the boys most of the day on Friday and I got THE DAY ALONE!!! Man, let me tell you how nice that was. I got a bed skirt made and work started on the curtains to go with it for our bedroom while watching "Roman Holiday" and catching up online.

Then today hit... and along with it came hand, foot, and mouth disease. We found out after we got home, that one of my nephews had come down with it. A week later we thought we had dodged the bullet. Nope. Hopefully my baby will be better soon. Big brother seemed to dodge the bullet with just a short fever and a couple of dots.

So now all of our plans for the week are out the window. So I guess it will force me to simplify things for the week, get the house back in order, and watch a few movies.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip... In reverse order cuz that's blogger for you.


Zonked out after the boat ride over the big lake.

Looks comfortable doesn't it?

Ready for the boat ride across Lake MI (from Michigan to Wisconsin)

The high speed car ferry we squeezed into the rental car into and blew across the big lake.

Sticks and water - what more could kids want?

Playing with friends at the park

HI!!!!

Meeting our new neice/cousin "Mya"

At the Zoo with cousins.

My brother and family at the zoo.

Ryan riding with "Bekah" the favorite babysitter.

My horse loving boy had to try out all the horses.

Opa reading the "loon" book at the cottage. Perfect end to a great day.

Touching the sky - ready to fly.

Uncle Ben is the fishing hero, Aunt Kate caught the big pike.

Woo Hoo

Hammock time

Sleeping sitting up - you know you are tired when...

Helping Opa fix the trolling motor.

Opa's boy...

3 comments:

Rock Chef said...

The trip sounds great - love the photos,especially the ones of the kids sleeping in the car.

Hope the hand, foot and mouth thingy is easy to get rid of!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo glad you had a nice time Jenelle!! Your pictures are awesome...loved the one of Ryan w/ the thumbs up on the tube...man I miss those boys. :(

I'm telling ya...I'm way proud of you and the road trip all by yourself...we'll atleast on the way home right?...makes me wonder if I could do that.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are SO sweet! I'm glad you had a good time and were able to enjoy friends and family. Here's hoping your new home continues to feel more and more like your real home.