Sunday, July 18, 2010

Road Trip

Took a whirlwind trip to Iowa this weekend for a wedding. It was lots of fun, but I am tired. After the 8 hr trip to get there, the boys and I ate, swam and watched a movie... That meant going to bed late. Then Ryan had some sort of allergic reaction and was up from 2-4 am itching and tossing and turning.

The second night, we got lost on the way back from the wedding/after party and didn't get back until almost 11pm and my 3-year-old kept nearly pushing me out of bed. That was all before the trip home.

We are home, it was a great time. But we are all really tired. That means some cranky boys (and maybe an irritable mom). Here's hoping we all wake up refreshed in the morning.

I really am tired tonight, but I can't get myself to go to bed. It's quiet and I know that I get to sleep in my own bed tonight (without little boys) so that I'll actually sleep tonight. A few more minutes of me time, and maybe I'll reconsider that sleep thing.

No comments: