Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Scram Lake - The Simple Life

I've immersed myself in life without the comforts of internet this week. Andy, Ryan and I are out at the in-laws cottage at Scram Lake (no, I'm not kidding). There you will find no phone, no internet connection (nor at any of the coffee shops in the nearby town), no dishwasher, and very little water pressure (showering takes much longer when the water dribbles).

However, in the absence of the comforts of home I've read 4 magazines, enjoyed time with my husband and son, entertained family, gone for mini-boat rides (as long as a 17-month-old lasts), made lots of lists - and it's only Tuesday. My type A personality is taking a while to unwind.

I'm in to work today and getting a bit of a technology fix and taking care of loose ends for the week. I'm also realizing that the technology that supposedly "frees" our time at a certain point begins to eat it up and leave us with less than we started with... Ahh, the simple life - for a week at least.

No comments: