Spent a long weekend at my sister-in-laws house outside of Indianapolis. Travel is always an adventure in our life. I'm realizing that my son is more and more like his daddy everyday - they are both serious home-bodies. Ryan does fine on the travel, but sleeping somewhere else is always a battle. After 3 nights with lots of interruptions and not so much sleep - it's good to be home and in our own beds. A full night sleep felt great.
The big excitement of the trip was the severe weather than flashed through Indiana and most of the central states on Sunday night. As the tornado sirens blared we rushed to empty the hallways coat closet to make room for 4 adults our 3 kids who were currently sleeping while we debating about yanking from their beds to huddle in a small dark space. We were all a bit relieved as the sirens stopped and the kids still slept. I was a nervous wreck at that point, thanking God for living in Michigan where we have a basement and little severe weather to to contend with.
On a happier note - the Children's Museum of Indianapolis is fantastic. We spent almost 4 hours there and hardly got to half of the exhibits. I can't say I would suggest going on a Spring Break Saturday when the NCAA Final 4 is in town... it's a little bit busy then.
No comments:
Post a Comment