Hey ya'll! I survived the craziest week of my life. Hospitals, moving, blood tests, helping kids adjust, sleeping lots, and trying to find where people put everything.
I'm back to regular activity but the docs say that I'll be more tired than usual for another month or two. Haven't slept this much in a long time. I've never been one to nap, but I'm getting one almost everyday. I am on large amounts of blood thinners and have to have blood work done every couple of days.
I'm so grateful for all the help we've received. So many family members and friends pitched in to make it all possible. I had people packing and cleaning for me, telling me to sit down constantly, and finding creative places to put stuff. I've had meals provided (could get use to that!), people watching kids so I can nap, and lots of offers for more help.
It has been so overwhelming, and a good lesson in saying yes to offers for help. I'm use to being the one helping, not the one in need of it. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. They are so much appreciated.
Still don't have internet at home (or a driveway), so hang in there with me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
3 comments:
I am so glad that you are doing better and that you are getting somewhat settled! My whole family has been praying for you for a speedy recovery! Well keep truckin on!
I'm glad that you're feeling better and that you had so much help with the move, food, packing. How wonderful! Keep it up, get lots of rest (well as much rest as you can get with kids :) )
I'm so proud of you and how you are coming thru this. I probably would have crumbled. I am glad that others were able to help out and that you are FINALLY in your new home AND that Spring is almost here...for real.
Post a Comment