Sunday, April 13, 2008

Brighter Days

God bless the creators of muscle relaxers and may my chiropractor learn to let his patients know when he's out of the office for extended periods of time. I'd much rather do the natural route of healing when possible, but not against going the drug route short term to solve problems either. I feel like a walking pharmacy, but things are definitely improving. Hopefully the drug list will continue to dwindle.

It was a busy, full day - but one of the most enjoyable I've had in a very long time. Logziella, her family, and Rachael all came over for lunch and we ate, laughed, played games, negotiated peace treaties between kids, and ate some more. Before we knew it was after 7. It felt good to be alive again, to laugh, to experience life & friends... all things that illness has robbed us of over the past couple of months.

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words, for allowing me to have my woe-is-me moment and then move on. I definitely have a new compassion for those with long-term or chronic illness. Maybe that is the lesson meant to be learned through all of this so that I can encourage those who feel so helpless. Maybe.

I'm the proud aunt of a beautiful little girl named Emma Kay. She was born on Friday and is so precious. A nephew is on the way this week or next depending on his lung development. My sister-in-law has type 1 diabetes and they are concerned about her and the baby and want to induce her as soon as possible. Pray for her health and the little boy as well.

Tomorrow I'll try to take my two rugrats for pictures. I'm a couple months behind, but illness, head wounds, and bruises don't make for good pics when you're spending the bucks to have them done... I'm sure that something will happen in the morning to throw plans off, but until then, we'll try.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that things are improving for you. I'm glad you had a good day and hope that things continue in a positive direction!

Evil Transport Lady said...

YAY! I'm so glad to hear things are getting better! Summer is comming, just hang tight!

Mojonah said...

Glad things are on the upswing for you. Isn't wonderful to have good friends, and good times with them?

Logzie said...

We had a blast yesterday!! Thanks again for having us. I know what you mean...it felt so good just to hang out amongst adults. We have to do it again sometime soon...but over here next time. :0)

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Thank you so much for having me over as the "6th" member to Logziellas family. I had so much fun and it was nice to hang with people as cool as you!