This past weekend I found myself reflecting back. It was the anniversary that my dad passed away. I thought of the good times, the tough times, what I wish he was around for...
- I wish he was around to take my boys to antique truck and tractor shows (i personally hated them growing up...)
- I wish that he could see how mechanical my boys are, that their pudgie little hands look like his.
- I wish that he could have found peace from the depression at the end of his illness
- I'm glad that he chose Jesus as his savior so that I know I will see him again - whole and free of disease.
And then I found life. At church this weekend I really worshiped, I found myself not only hearing, but believing, experiencing, challenged, and loving it all. One of those times you feel like your pastor was spying in on your life again. The right words for the right time. Learning something new about Romans that I've never seen before, enlightening.
On a lighter note - this time of year is challenging. In Michigan you never know what the weather is going to be like. So I have cold weather and warm weather clothing out. Not only that but both boys are in between sizes. There are clothes everywhere, totes with sizes scattered around the house, piles of clothes to pack up.
That brings us to garage sale season. The big community wide sales are this weekend, so I just finished an inventory of the next 2 sizes for Ryan - what I have stashed away, what I still need (to help my sale buying compulsion...) I've actually been shopping the garage sales for great deals to turn around and sell on eBay. I think I'll be able to make some pretty good money off of what I've found so far. Put it all in a spreadsheet today to help my garage sale purchasing so that I'm coming up with good lots to sell. I know it sounds organized, but I'm sure I'll get out there and leave the lists in my bag the whole time and then kick myself later...
3 comments:
Let me just say...I am WAY impressed with your garage sale organization SPREADSHEET!!!! Wow!!
I am excited for tomorrow!
That does sound organized!
Just wanted to let you know that I found a 'natural'laundry soap that has a natural fabric softener in it that is great for static. It also smells GREAT once your clothes come out of the dryer. The soap itself doesn't smell great, but once clothes are dried, very nice. It's called 'ECOS" and I bought it at Costco. Let me know if you can't find it down there, and I can look at the label and see if they list a website.
Post a Comment