Okay, I'm officially done. I have had all I can take. I'm on the verge of tears all the time.
I am sick of being sick. The bronchitis has not gone away and in fact I've coughed so hard that I've pulled a muscle in my neck. The pain starts at the base of my skull and runs down my shoulder. I've had problems with this before (during pregnancy - but I AM NOT pregnant) but I can't take ibuprophen and my chiropractor is out of town. Got some muscle relaxers from the doc today so hopefully they will start to help soon. I can hardly sleep, turn my head, etc.
I hate blogging anymore cuz it seems like a whine fest. So until I start to get better I'm just going to avoid writing. Hopefully I won't be gone too long, but these days I start to wonder if I'm ever going to get better....
Then I see stories about amputees pulling their lives back together and chronic illnesses and I get a bit of perspective. Maybe this junk isn't so bad after all.
6 comments:
Ok dear, you are talking to the expert at this moment, Ha! Here is what you do, go find a Spa or Massage place and get a one hour massage or longer, and have them rub the intercostal muscles on your chest. It gets a little one the personal side, but part of the coughing part is due to glands that are right at your breast bone. I had one done after almost 2 months of the sickness and it BROKE it within a day. No kidding. Ask them to use Eucalyptus Oil when they do. If you are uncomfortable with it, just have your hubby rub for at least 30 minutes, with each finger being between one rib each. And use Vicks to rub in, it has the oil in it. My Mother in Law told me to do that and I could've kissed her when I finally went and it worked.
P.S. Starting at the middle of your chest and rubbing out. Never in.
Dearheart, no need to worry about things sounding like a "pity party." This is YOUR blog - for your benefit. We're just readers, interested in what's going on with you so we can continue to pray. But the point is, this is your journal, a place where you can write the things you need to.
And, when this finally passes (and it will!), you'll have another set of "stones" to see what God brought you out of. As He has been, so He will be. As He has done, so He will do.
We love you, dear one, and we're praying for you.
Cal & Vicki
That Cal is a smart guy!! Isn't that what I said on the phone the other day? But, he said it much better I think. :0)
Hang in there girl! It WILL end...it has to.
P.S.-I'm making Tiramasu for Sunday!!!
So sorry that things are not going well right now. I agree with Cal and Logzie. Don't stop blogging. We love to hear from you. At least we know how to pray for you when you do blog!
Am praying that you have a quick recovery.
I hear you! This is week six for me, I'm still coughing but it's getting better. I still have to wear a pad so I don't pee my panties:( You will get better! It will just take time! Hang in there, we are here, and your blog is NOT a whinefest (look at mine;)
Things will start getting better, and ignore the "You aren't better yet??" Idiots! I am!
Hang tough kiddo, and also remember antibiotics can effect anti-depressants, making them less affective, the doc didn't believe me but I know it's true. If you are still taking them, remember that.
Also my daughters have a genetic condition and they said the same thing, no matter what is wrong it still stinks and to take it easy till you feel better. They have had the same thing as you and they feel bad for you:)
Take care and hang in there, let us know how you are doing, good or bad. We all care!
Post a Comment