Friday, February 27, 2009

Sin Sucks

I'm so tired of people's lives being destroyed by sin and selfishness. I'm frustrated at the pain I see others going through that could have been avoided. It's no wonder that families are being pulled apart, lives ruined, and hopes crushed.

When are we as a society going to realize what selfishness and dishonesty produces? When will we see that our actions will hurt far more than ourselves?

Don't get me wrong. WE ALL STRUGGLE with something. I'm gonna be the last one to throw a stone, cuz I've got more than enough to work on myself. I'm speaking to myself on this one as well.

My heart aches for friends who are at a lost of what to do next. I hurt along with those who have had their world turned upside down in a moment. I regret the careless words that slip from my lips and harm others.

Yet I am grateful that there is forgiveness and restoration. I find my hope in a God who knows and loves me more than anyone else. Hope more than a feeling for the moment, but a security of knowing my life is in HIS hands. I am encouraged to know that where there is pain, there is also comfort & peace. I am secure in knowing that nothing will come my way that is too big for HIM to handle. I am forgiven, and enabled to forgive others.

Thank you Lord for providing in the midst of it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts are good, but it is the title that I like the best. :D

Cal said...

My turn - thanks for this. :-D What a blessing on many levels...

Rock Chef said...

I like that - a good one to come to on a Monday morning!