Friday, May 01, 2009

Spring Firsts

I know it is spring because the garage sales signs are popping up EVERYWHERE. I'm an addict, and I'm willing to admit it.

Met up with a friend and spent most of the day pouring through other people's junk, or my undiscovered treasures. Was incredibly impressed with a college age girl minding the family sale. All the proceeds were going towards her service trip to Africa. They were going to pass out solar powered MP3 players with translations on it along with AIDS education. Was more than glad to spend my money there. Cute new shoes for me, stuffed cheetah for Ryan, sweater for Andy, and vital information getting into the ears of people who need it. Bonus!

Unfortunately I think I also got wind burn/cloud burn. If you aren't familiar with cloud burn, that's what I refer to when I get a sunburn through the clouds. Yes it happens when you are as fair skinned as I. Think today must have been a combination. My boys have a bit of the rosy cheeks going on too.

Here's to many happy trails on the garage sale circuit.

3 comments:

Kuckie said...

I'm taking part in a HUGE community garage sale on May 16th. It's my first time, and I can hardly wait to unload all of my kid stuff!

And I know what you mean about cloud burn...I get it all the time. Drat that fair skin!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, there are lots of garage sales going on here too. I don't shop them much. I have enough junk in my house and no room for more.

Jenelle said...

Kuckie - Best wishes with your sale. Don't forget the sunscreen

Terri - That's why I participate in a sale and donate what's left every year. Yeah - moving twice also helped clean things out too ;)