Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day @ the Dentist

So I listened to advice and made an appointment with the dentist and as thought - it is TMJ. My jaw has always sounded like rice krispies (snap, crackle & pop) but it's finally hit the pain point. So what is a girl to do? Lots of ibuprofen to ease the inflamation/pain, eating soft foods (ice cream qualifies right?), and a bite splint.

I tried taking the cheap route and bought a football mouth guard for $2, but that isn't a good long-term solution. The dentist was very gracious knowing our situation - didn't charge me for the emergency visit, gave me a discount on the splint, and I can choose how much we set the payment plan up for. He also gives you a high-5 every time you are done. Little odd at first, but I'm getting use to it. Ryan thought it was cool though.

Man there are some advantages to small town life. Real people who know each other and try to make things easier... I hear he also has killer sweet corn in the summer.

You know it's small town life when the same man that sells you sweet corn also fixes your teeth.

3 comments:

Rock Chef said...

So that sort of small town America really still exists? Cool! You are very lucky!

Amanda said...

He also mentioned to me that he blocked out a 3-hour lunch for his entire staff so they could take a field trip to the county fair. And yes, I've seen him in overalls...ah, the joys of country/redneck life. :)

Anonymous said...

Now I want to move there!