Sunday, August 09, 2009

Pearls of Widsom

Here are a few tid bits of a book that I'm reading from Michael & Debi Pearl that I thought I'd share.

* The feelings of a child are just as important and sacred as those of an adult. Always treat your child with respect. Never ridicule, mock or laugh at your child's ideas, creation or ambitions. The trust you desire to have when they are older must be established and maintained when they are young.

* Without that mutual respect and honor, further discipline only angers and embitters the child.

* Parent, if you are having problems with your children, just know that you are not alone. They are also having problems with their parents. On party is going to have to adjust in order to help the other. Since you are reading this book, and not the child, and since you are the more experienced of the two, and since God didn't say, "Children, train up your parents," the responsibility is completely on you.

* If the child is rooted in bitterness, you have a healing and restoration ministry ahead of you. Your heart and life must be fully surrendered to God or you are wasting your time.

*You can't lead your child closer to God than you are yourself.

4 comments:

Mojonah said...

Is that the book "To Train Up a Child"? If so, I LOVE that book. The best book I've ever read on child rearing. I still go back to that book. They have a lot of wisdom

Anonymous said...

some good quotes there.

Anonymous said...

I love the last quote.
I hate lice.
At least school hasn't started!

Jen said...

Jenelle,
Wow! I accidently clicked on your blog while trying to click on the link to my own blog but I'm certain GOD led me here! What amazing little tid-bits of wisdom! I am dealing with all kinds of this stuff with my oldest child right now and asking God for wisdom...and looky here at how He provided it--right through Blogspot! :o) Thanks for sharing!