Today I spent 6 hours in the butts up brigade - a.k.a. I weeded gardens at the greenhouse all afternoon. I'm always self conscious about having my butt up in the air as people drive past. Did you ever see those awful lawn ornaments - a wooden cut out of a fat woman's butt, her bloomers sticking out as her dress pulls up from the tension of her mammoth butt size... Tramatized by those in the early 80s. Glad I haven't seen one in a while. Don't want passerbys to think they are seeing a 2009 version of that.
It's therapeutic to get all the weeds out, but I'm sore from the tug-of-war battle and some serious sun. Just on the verge of burning.
Glad tomorrow is friday and a long weekend. However, we are spending much of it helping roof my BIL's house. At least it isn't going to be a scorcher this weekend. Once again, I'll be out on the Butts Up Brigade with my hammer, nail belt, and utility knife. Sure hope they got the big nail gun. They are one of my favorite power tools.
Night ya'll
2 comments:
Butts Up Brigade - love that term! I must admit to enjoying watching my wife do this sort of stuff...
LOL...that's funny! They still have those lawn 'ornaments' here in my hometown. Have a fun weekend, and enjoy your power tools. : )
Post a Comment