Monday, September 21, 2009

What I've Been Missing

I've gotten the gift of precious time with my little man lately. With big brother at school, we get lots of time together, one-on-one. We are both enjoying it. He's a completely different boy when there isn't another sibling to antagonize, fight with, and get into trouble with.

He too is enjoying the time. Tonight he asked if his brother could go back to school tomorrow (not a school day). I'm sure the novelty of it will wear off and he'll find me much more boring that big brother... but I'll take it for now.

I've been trying to think back to this stage with Ryan. I'm realizing I missed a lot of this stage with him because I was busy taking care of a new baby. We had good times together, but he spent an awful lot of time with dad then.

Now I need to make sure that I'm getting good time with Ryan. It's so odd to have him gone so much. The time really is starting to slip away.

2 comments:

Kuckie said...

Yay for one on one time spent with Ty...boo for time slipping away so quickly. Every new stage has it's ups and downs. I remember feeling this exact same way...and I still do when school starts each year.

Anonymous said...

Make the most of the time you have with them. They really do grow up too quickly.