Friday, November 13, 2009

Tough Day

Long, hard day with the boys. It's like my 3-year-old woke up with a plan on how to make every part of the day difficult, frustrating, and annoying. Have one of those days before? Spills, potty "accidents," picking on his brother, whining, arguing, saying no, disobeying, licking everything, fits, and that was all by 11 AM. The older brother wasn't much better. It's days like this that I remember I have job security and am definitely needed.

Luckily, my mom was coming to watch the boys so Andy and I could sneak out for dinner for my birthday/Andy's graduation (yeah, we are running a bit behind). God knew we would need it today, because not only were the boys a handful today, but Andy got "sorry, not you" letters from 2 PDs and the scope on 1 more that is coming. He's really discouraged and that's hard for me to see. It's hard to not be discouraged myself seeing as one of those departments was one I had high hopes for - you know, the kind where you don't have to move...

I'm really trying to be open to whatever God has. Some days that is easier said than done.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

I remember days like that! When there were 4 in the house the odds were that at least one of them would be in some sort of mood! It gets easier as they get older! Honest!

Hope you get good news about the Police soon. I haven't looked for work since my early 20s, when I really didn't give a monkey's whether I got it or not! Must be hard. Will add you to my prayers tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a tough day with the kids. You deserved an evening out and I'm glad you got one. Hope it was enjoyable.

Keeping you all in my prayers that the right job finds you soon.