Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ryan's Toaster

Just a plain bit of silliness. We bought Ryan his own toaster so they he can eat gluten-free without being contaminated by our glutinous products. I was afraid that during an early morning I would accidentally use the wrong toaster and mess things up. So this is what I did - toaster art.


This is inspired by one of my favorite childhood books.

Think that in a sleepwalking state I may just notice the name and spots all over. Who said gluten-free can't be fun? Add one more thing that you can do with a Sharpie to your list.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Instead of making Ryan feel different, you made him feel special and brought some fun to the food challenges he faces every day.

Good job, Mom!

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Rock Chef said...

Excellent! I can see this becoming a fashion!

Mojonah said...

Great way to do that!! I'm having to do gluten free at the moment - have to say of all the different types of GR bread - I like the corn bread the best. The rest just fall apart. Hope your son is adjusting well to the changes. : )
Can you come do my toaster too?

Claire said...

Have you checked out the Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog - they have a wonderful section on recipes for gluten free?

Rene' said...

very cute

Jenelle said...

Thanks all for the comments. It was a lot of fun, and it's already saved me from making an early morning mistake.

Mojo - I'd love to do a toaster for you
Terri - thanks
Elizabeth - thought you might
RC - um, I don't know about that
Claire - thanks for the tip
Rene - that you and nice to "meet" you