Tuesday, February 13, 2007

How We Met

Taking Teresa's challenge, here is how Andy and me became a "we."

It was New Year's Eve and I was headed back home from visiting a friend in Detroit. I had a couple of parties to hit that night. At the first party, friends tried to get me to stay, but I felt obligated to go to my friend Melissa's party to hang out with her younger brother Rob. We were both burned on relationships and were going to keep each other company.

When I got to there, Rob had already ditched the party and I was the ONLY single person there. Everyone else was engaged or had been dating for years. A bit uncomfortable.

A friend of Melissa's fiance' (Andy) showed up around 11 PM. He was pretty cute, and by himself. So at midnight as everyone was kissing - we smiled at eachother and shrugged. Didn't give Andy much of a thought after he walked out the door at 12:10. Rob got home shortly after and I hung out until 2 am chatting with him.
The next day I headed out to a retreat up north and then got snowed in at my parent's house that weekend with 2 1/2 feet of snow. When I finally made it back to my apartment there was a message from Melissa warning me that Andy was going to be calling me, but I didn't get it until after I had talked to him. Our friends had talked about setting us up but thought we were too different.

Three months later we were engaged and married that December. It was a quick process, but Andy was the best guy I had ever met and he loved me! It's been 7 years and 2 kids later, and his smile is still contagious. Love that man.

1 comment:

Logzie said...

Awe...that's a great story!!

P.S.-thanks for the e-card! That was sweet!