It was a long morning. I took my mom for her surgical procedure to remove some basil-cell skin cancer from her face. They said to plan 2-4 hours depending on severity. Mom's didn't look like a big deal so I thought closer to the 2 side. 4 1/2 hours later we left. It was an underground growth that they were completely surprised by. She had a spot 2.5 cm X 1.5 cm removed from her face. She has stitche running down the side of her nose, down her lip and under her lip. The good news is they got all of it. The bad news is she has another spot to be removed next month.
So here's to a great summer of sunscreen and skin protection. Gotta love the fair scandinavian skin I inherited along with a lengthy family history of skin cancer. What I've learned - protect yourself, your face is worth it!
On a lighter note - as a mom of two little boys I often long for time to just sit and unwind. After sitting for 4 1/2 hours in a waiting room my butt hurts! I am unacustomed to sitting that long. Who knew?
1 comment:
I am glad they took it out...I will be praying for the next session.
Practice sitting more....it is kinda fun! I can say that b/c both of my in are school!
Ciao,
Guru
Post a Comment