Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cleaning House

Lately I've learned that I'm as drawn to and controlled by stuff as everyone else in America. I hate that about myself. I long to be a selfless, unmaterialistic person, but as I clean through my house, I've realized how much "stuff" we really have. Honestly - no one "needs" this much stuff - this many toys, cloths, gadgets, kitchen utensils, small appliances, games, and the list goes on. I'm having one big garage sale in a couple of weeks to try to unload a bunch of it.

I've rid my closet and drawers of clothing that fits but I don't like along with all the cloths that don't fit and that I hope will someday. By time I get to that size, I probably won't like the clothing style anymore anyways. Now when I look at what I have I'm content because it is all stuff that I'm okay with. Let me tell you how much slimmer my wardrobe is, but I don't feel the need to go shopping for something else (except for a few replacements) because I like what I see. It's rather refreshing.

Hopefully with selling our house and moving and then building and moving again we'll really cut down on what we own. I really want my kids to learn that it isn't about stuff but about relationship, contentment and good ole imagination. Now that is easier said than done...

1 comment:

Logzie said...

and thus the name of your blog!

Well said! :0)