Monday, June 11, 2007

Cadillac of Hospitals

Let me just tell you, that of all the hospitals to be in, we sure hit the jackpot. We've never been to St. Mary's except to visit friends who just had babies. The hospital was okay, but nothing like Spectrum that we were accustomed to. However - we had never been in the Lacks Cancer Center (which coincidentally is surgical recovery as well). There are remote controlled curtains, plasma tv (complete with internet that I'm blogging on right now). It's weird to see whatyou are typing on plasma. They have a chef that cooks to order ('m sure to tempt the cancer patients to eat). It's crazy but awesome. Andy is recovering pretty well as long as we stay on the pain meds. Should hopefully be home sometime today. Thanks for the prayers.

4 comments:

Logzie said...

Hey, I left you a message too but I just want to reiterate that if you need anything to please just call!

Get well soon Andy!...you have a brand spankin new house to get built for cryin out loud!! :0)

Love you guys!

Amos said...

I am glad to hear he is doing well. We have a SWEET hospital that is new and has a chef and he cooks to order, and they practically wine and dine you like a restaurant. Kinda makes you want to go there! Except that there would likely be pain involved!

Amanda said...

Wow...it just gets crazier at your house, doesn't it? Topher noticed that you and I are doing a lot of the same stuff lately (moving, having small kids, etc). He came into the office and said he's expecting something to happen to Steve next. :) Hey - let me know if you need anyone to bid on parts of your house. I know a great builder who has a lot of contacts in the area. :)

Domestic Diva said...

Oh no! So sad to hear that your hubby had surgery! What were his symptoms?

At least the hospital you went to is not profiled on the nightly news!

Praying for a speedy recovery!