Monday, June 25, 2007

Rollercoasters, Flu, Laundry, & Fab Finds

Took our junior high kids to Michigan's Adventure on Saturday. I've learned that I'm getting old. I no longer enjoy wooden roller coasters - they make my back hurt. I managed to go the whole day without really getting a sunburn. That's a record for me at an amusement park, especially considering how much time we spent at the waterpark portion!

Yesterday, my husband and 3-year-old had the stomach flu. So I'm cleaning everything in sight today. All the sheets, blankets, stuffed animals, cloths... you get the picture. I'm on load 6 and have another 4 to go. I've been fitting in packing between load switches.

We still haven't secured a place to live yet. Have a couple leads that I'm praying one of which will come through soon! Your prayers for this is needed. Unfortunately people around here don't want to take 6 month renters.

I thought I deserved a blog break So here's my fabulous find ladies. Sorry that it isn't a chain store that you can replicate the purchase but head out in the neighborhood and hit the garage sales. I've been a garage sale fiend this summer. I have totes labeled for future clothing sizes for the boys and as I find great deals on garage sales and clearance racks I just tuck them away. Last week I hit a great sale for the boys and scored 6 pair of jeans (almost brand new in a variety of sizes), 2 pair of shorts, 3 books, 2 movies, and a fireman's hat for $7. The week before I got a brand new lime green/white plaid knee length lined coat for $1. I love garage sales.

I had my second garage sale of the summer and made another $160. Together with the furniture we've sold and the previous sale... we've made about $750 on stuff we don't need. The more I pack, the more I find that we have that we don't need. I'm sure by time we move into our newly built house I'll have a ton more to get rid of.

2 comments:

Logzie said...

Oh how I love Garage Sales...let me count the ways!

I haven't had one yet this year...a first in a long time!

Congrats on your Fab Finds!!

Domestic Diva said...

I can never find anything good at garage sales...except my own of course! The ones I have been too have been gross stuff...glad you have found better stuff!

Praying for y'alls places to live...in the name of Jesus!