Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday

So - lots have been going on in the last week.

#1 - TYLER's 1st BIRTHDAY PARTY
We had a construction birthday party up at the in-laws cottage. The kids (and adults) got to go fishing and swimming. We ate lots and Ty got some great presents. Several family members couldn't be there so it was quite as crazy as expected. Here are a couple of snapshots.

Another great cake from the "Cake Lady" Hazel.

Andy got a quick nap in the hammock until his little buddy joined him. There is nothing like a nap in a hammock with waves gently lapping up on the shore.



Ty had lots of help opening his presents.








It was especially impressive when Ty stuck lots of his cupcake in his ear. The fun was followed up with hours of late night fun with throwing up (to follow on and off for the next several days).


#2 - MINI VACATION
Let me start by saying that Andy has not gone to the beach in the 7 years we've been married. So when he suggested it for this weekend/Monday I took full advantage of it. Sunday night we headed out to Grand Haven and Monday to Millenium Park.














































We've had flu fun on and off the last couple of days and how Andy is on his way home not feeling well. I've washed every piece of laundry and linens in our house. I've cleaned all the stuffed animals and working my way through the toys right now. I'm sanitizing everything. It seems like someone has been sick since we moved into this place and I'm tired of it. Sooner or later maybe we can be healthy for more than a couple of days.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Great cake! I DO need a cake lady! :)

We went to Millenium park on Friday (just me and the kids), and again on Sunday (Steve joined us this time). I'd rather do Grand Haven...but the kids just love the "spray-ground".

And may I say...you have WAY more guts than I do to put a photo of yourself in a bathing suit on your blog. Way to go! :)

Amos said...

So sorry to hear about all the sickness. That is really a drag in the summer time. Glad you got to have a nice party for your baby and some time at the Lake. Oh I wish I was there to jump in it right now.

Logzie said...

Sorry about all the sickness...it really wears on you after a while...ours was so short lived (Kenzie only threw up 1 night and it was done) and Logan, Chuck and Ella only had belly aches for 1/2 day)...unfortunately you didn't catch "our bug" or it would have been done by now. SORRY!!!

Your beach day looks like so much fun! I am glad you got to get out and enjoy that!

And YES, Tyler's cake looks FAB!!! Sorry we coulnd't be there! Happy Birthday little guy!

Lis said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I can't believe it has been a whole year already! Unbelievable how time flys! Hope the bugs leave your home soon! I brought Levi to the dr. today and he has tonsilitus!? Poor kid - lets just say he ate lots of ice cream, milkshakes, popsicles, and jello today - doesn't sound too shabby of a diet huh! But he was so miserable - I just hate having sick kids - so I can't imagine your seemingly never ending bugs! Hope things look up soon! Lis