This is a crazy week of VBS at church. We're doing a outerspace, secret agent theme (spy kids kinda thing). Every year of VBS it is the hottest, most humid week of the summer. And of course this year I'm helping with registration - outdoors of course. Then I get to head inside to lovely air conditioning and do game/activities to reinforce the verse/Bible story of the night. It's been a lot of fun so far.
Last night one of our neighbor boys came. Dewey is a great kid - polite, obedient, a pleasure to be around. I'm always surprised that a parent lets their child go anywhere with a complete stranger. I met his mom for a whole 2 minutes and he was off in my car to a church they didn't know. Dewey along with kids I usually pick up made for a full car. I might have to go pick up the church van tonight to accommodate the friends they want to bring. It makes for a crazy week with lots of logistics, lessons, and schedules to figure out - but definitely worth it. We almost doubled our numbers last night. Here is hoping for more of the same. Pray that kids will hear and respond to the Gospel.
On a side note, I've gotten to spy in on my 3-year-old in his pre-school class as they join in the song times. He comes home singing the songs (well parts of the songs) and obsessed about playing with his baby moses made out of a baby sock in his little basket. Love that he's learning and starting to grasp Bible stories and principles.
2 comments:
Too cute!
My kiddos attended VBS at a nearby church here this week too. They loved it! I did too. Kenzie was sick and had to miss a day and was crushed about it.
Glad the busy week is coming to an end for you...:0)
I miss VBS...our church in CO doesn't do one...maybe I will do it next year. I like the theme of your VBS.
Isn't that weird that people will let you take their children? We had a couple of neighbor kids in OK that were like that. I would NEVER let my kids go with anyone I didn't know.
Post a Comment