Saturday, November 10, 2007

Holiday Hints

It's been a busy week so I thought I'd show you what has been keeping me busy. I planned a ladies night out at church called "Holiday Hints" featuring food, recipes, decorations, demonstrations, giveaways, etc for the upcoming holidays. The evening went almost perfectly and I did NOT burn myself when I did the craft demonstrations. Most importantly, we shared with many people that it is possible to have a relationship with Jesus Christ - that He is the reason to celebrate Christmas, to give Thanks, and have hope for the new year.

There were three different table decoration designs - a red/gold, a soft green/crystal, and blue/white. Everyone went home with a 43 page notebook (email me if you want a pdf copy) with all the stuff from the evening. Table gifts were cookie cutters with a recipe attached and everyone got an ornament to take home.


We had sample tables of the items demonstrated and they were pictured on the big screen while I tried to make them with very shaky hands.


This is a sideways shot of one of the fabric panels that we ran from floor to ceiling on the stage along with some of the flower arrangements I made.


My good friends Andrea, Elissa and I headed up the incredible team of volunteers that made the evening possible. It was a fabulous night, but we were all exhausted at the end of the night.




7 comments:

Kuckie said...

Great work, Jenelle! Those are some fabulous decorations!

Logzie said...

Wow! Awesome Job!! I loved those gold glittered pumpkins! So sorry I missed it. It looked like so much fun.

Amos said...

You did a fabulous job Jenelle, it looks great! You should be proud of all your efforts and "seed" sowing into those ladies lives.

Jen said...

Wow! Can you come decorate my house for Christmas? That's gorgeous!

Domestic Diva said...

Ohhhh....I am soooo jealous that your chruch does stuff like that! What a great job you did....I do have some questions for you. Can you email me?
scrapbookingguru2@hotmail.com

Y'all did a great job! Glad you got share about the Master!

Terri said...

Beautiful decorations and what a valuable way for women to enjoy some time away from home.

Jenelle said...

thanks ya'll for the kind comments. mj- you have to get in line behind the mom, mil, church, and my own family if you want help. :)