I love Thanksgiving. I love the food, the festivities, family time, football, and all that it stands for... We live in such a selfish society where we tend to put ourselves first. We "deserve" so much. In actuality, we are so blessed with so much. Even in our most difficult moments - we live like queens compared to so many in this world. The least that we can do is express our gratitude for what we receive.
I'm huge on manners and making sure that our family expressed their thanks in words at the moment and following up with a written note/drawing of appreciation. Thanksgiving allows us a specific time and occasion for us to express ourselves. I have some new things that I want to try this year including activities for the kids and a few written notes for our parents.
So while on the topic of things I'm thankful for... here are few more...
** For the opportunity to be creative and express myself, and often turning that product into gifts
** For the new house we are creating. The ability to start from scratch and create a new home for our family. The neighborhood is amazingly friendly and we can't wait to get there!
** For my boys. Their contagious laughs and smiles make my day when nothing else can. They have taught me so much about life, love, and selflessness in a short period of time.
** My church. As imperfect as it may be, people really care about each other and God. We are blessed with a godly pastor who shows me new things every week from God's word.
** My husband is the best. He has a crazy sense of humor, a compassionate side to take care of issues, and the ability to help me not take myself too seriously. He works hard, plays hard, and can be a little lazy too. Best of all he loves me like crazy with all my quirks, rolls, tantrums, and demands. Lucky me.
** I'm thankful for you as well my friends. I send you prayers and wishes for a terrific Thanksgiving that will create great memories for you and your families.
2 comments:
Great list, Jenelle. We all have so much to be thankful for...and it's just too bad we only stop and think about it once a year! Well, a lot of us, anyway! ;0)
Thanks for sharing that list....It made me pause and think of all the stuff I am thankful for!
Hope your Thanksgiving celebration was fun!
Post a Comment