Friday, November 23, 2007

Tis The Season

Yesterday seemed so odd. It was Thanksgiving but we didn't really have any plans. We have two Thanksgiving celebrations on Sunday. I'm gonna be more stuffed than a turkey!

Usually the day after Thanksgiving we go cut down our tree and decorate everything that doesn't move (and maybe a few that do!) This year Andy's working on electrical all weekend and the boys and I get to hang out. I've got a great cold to make it even better. Today was the first real snow of the season so I made snowman pancakes for the boys for lunch. I just used a cookie cutter to cut the shapes out for the boys. Ryan had lots of fun helping cut them out and eating them. He gave them butter mittens. Here's what they turned out like.


I made pumpkin pancakes for me. Usual mix + flax seed, cinnamon & 1/4 c pumpkin (leftover from an AWESOME pumpkin cheesecake I made earlier). Pretty tasty.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and found lots of ways to express your gratitude.

5 comments:

Cal said...

YUMMM! Looks nice! Hope you get over that cold soon, dear! Blessed holiday to you and your crew!

Logzie said...

We stopped out to your house today on the way back from my Mom's...NICE~!! We love your lot...full of trees...beautiful!!

P.S.-Thanks for the birthday card! It was so cute! :0)

Love you!

Terri said...

Those pumpkin pancakes sound yummy! I'm going to have to give that a try.

Domestic Diva said...

Hey...have you ever had pumpkin pancakes from Mimi's? They are yummy! Yours sound good...I think I will give it a try!

Jenelle said...

Diva - Since I've never heard of Mimi's I'm guessing that's a no.

Logzie - I was bummed that I didn't get to show you, but glad that you like it.