The last couple days have been a real whirl-wind. I went back to the doctor as I began to feel worse again and wondered what was going on. To make a very long story short they found blood clots in both of my lungs (pulmenary embolism) . They aren't sure what caused them but assume they came from my legs. The ultrasounds came back clear on them though.
So for now I'm at home on bed rest for two days and then on restricted activity. It's going to be a challenge as we're moving into our new home this weekend.
Your continued thoughts and prayers are welcome as I'll be on a long course of blood thinners and testing to make sure there aren't more problems. They will also be doing some testing to see if this is a genetic predisposition that will have to be looked at.
God is so good. If these PEs had not been found it could have been very dangerous. I'm so grateful that something good came from this long winter of illnesses. I'm grateful as well for the many people that have prayed for us and offered help along the way. It is forcing me to ask and accept help which I'm not good at. I'm a do-er. But I am blessed that people are willing to help me through this time.
Thank you again...
4 comments:
Jenelle- What an amazing story - but one that I am very familiar with. Two summers ago, I had some pain in my leg for several weeks. I finally went to the doctor and found that I had a blood clot in my leg, from my knee to my ankle. It was from my BC pills. I was taken off of the pills and had all the blood work that you described, and found that I do infact have a genetic predisposition to blood clots. I have a condition called Factor V Leiden. And as you have stated, we were very lucky to find this information out, as later that year, I got pregnant and had to be on Blood thinners my whole pregnancy because this disorder causes complications in pregnancy, that we wouldn't have known about if I wasn't aware. Both the sisters have been tested too and they both have a different mutation as well. Very interesting. God Bless you and your family! Praise him that you are well and getting better. PE's are very scary and can turn deadly very fast!!! Praise the LORD!!! Have a great weekend - and know He LIVES!
- erin morgan
Jenelle - So sorry to hear about the PE's and the hospital stay...what bad timing! Get plenty of rest and let your friends and family help you! You're in my thoughts!
Wow. I am so glad they found those in time. I wish I could help you! But Joe is home per doc's orders with the flu, and I think some others of us are getting it. :P I know you don't want any more of this, so I can't come around, but know I am praying for you! Our small group and family rallied greatly when we moved in the winter right after Jordan was born, and I am sure you will experience the same. Much love to you! Elizabeth
p.s. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Oh, and I love that you are in another blog where you and your girlfriends share recipes. What a great idea!
I found out what was going on with you over at Logziella's site and I was so worried! I'm glad you're back home and things are ok. Be sure to take it easy! Don't give in to that temptation to do too much,ok?
Post a Comment