I spent most of yesterday afternoon preparing our taxes. Can't wait for the lovely refund to come our way. Would love to be irresponsible with it. Buy a couch, a SLR digital camera, take a vacation, get my car detailed, a maid deep clean my house, get a pedicure & massage, etc
However, that's not going to happen. We're reserving 7% to take care of small projects and the rest into savings to help cover Andy going back to school and not working. We won't know for at least another month if he gets in or not, but we are in ultra thrift mode anyways.
So, since I'm not going to be financially irresponsible, I'm gonna meet this week being unorganized. My own little form of type-A rebellion. I have no menu planned, I did not do the laundry, I let the kiddos watch cartoons in my bed this morning while I snoozed a little longer, ignoring the dishes and messes and taking the kiddos out this morning.
Woo-hoo, living free in the land of responsibility.
7 comments:
you are -such- a wild and crazy girl!
but seriously, i relate. i am tired of being responsible. lately i've been dreaming of taking off on trips (by myself. :> ), buying a Porsche 911 to speed around in as fast as possible (or a Harley) and sky-diving. i think i may be going a little crazy.... ;>
I would LOVE to go sky diving, but Andy made me promise when we got married that I wouldn't jump out of a "perfectly good airplane."
I understand totally...THUS...our cruise! LOL!!
If only everyone was so responsible! Obama's job would be so much easier wouldn't it?
What a great monday!! Got your comment on my blog, but I was sick all weekend :( If you email me (from my blog), I'll email you the recipes I have!
"Living free in the land of responsibility." That's awesome! You should print that, frame it and sell it. I would so buy one of those!
So how has the rest of the week been for you??? Loved your Monday!!!
Post a Comment