Monday, February 23, 2009

Need Ideas

I had an awesome time at Kuckie's cabin this weekend. I'll post all about it once I download the pictures and have a few moments.

But until then, I need ideas for inexpensive party/dinner food. I have both sides of the family coming over for Ryan's birthday and am tired of the standard taco bar, hamburger/hotdogs, or bbq beef sandwiches.

HELP!

9 comments:

Sara said...

What about chili? I don't know how kid-friendly that is... Sophie LOVES it, but not all kids share her affinity for garlic & onions! It feeds a bunch though!

kenady said...

i'm so jealous you got to go to Kuckie's cabin for the weekend!!! man...

what about meatballs? or pulled pork sandwiches? or a big prime rib?

Anonymous said...

potluck? seriously, consider it. every one brings an appetizer.

or hot potato bar. yum. :)

Rock Chef said...

We did homemade pizza, doughballs with garlic butter and cannelloni at the weekend and it went down a storm. Cheap too!

Teresa said...

Spagetti

Make your own mini pizza bar

A bunch of different appetizers

Keep it simple and make those pinwheels (from our joke of a cooking class) the 'main' dish.

Amanda said...

what about a baked potato bar? not so kid friendly...but the adults might like it.

Sara said...

Ooh... how about a baked potato bar WITH CHILI? Now that seems like a winner... :-)

tz said...

so Christmas Eve I do three crock pots of chile, one green for the adventerous, one vegetarian and one beef...

OR...I did a potato bar once...a bunch of potatoes and the fixin's were bbq beef, ham, cheese, sour cream, bacon, onions tomatoes, chile....and a big tossed salad, people loved that one...and it's really easy.

good luck! and looking forward to pictures!

tz said...

oh oops, I should have read comments first...those suggestions are already taken..probably because they're really easy.