Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I Give UP

I'm not going to get to catching up so I'm just starting from now.

Life is good but busy. Surprise, surprise. Never heard me say that before. I'm getting ready to head into Ryan's school to devise our plan for dealing with his peanut allergy at school. Think I'm about to hit reality that this is really happening. He's so ready. I think I am.

However, we do need to find the boy shoes because evidently his feet grew about 2 sizes this summer. I had only anticipated 1 size when I was garage sale shopping and watching clearance racks. Oh well.

Andy is applying for police positions fast and furiously. However, it's the usual government beaurocracy that moves so quickly ;) We decided that he's going to fly out to North Dakota and test/interview for a job there. If God wants me to move there, he's definitely going to need to change my heart. But He's God, that's nothing tough for Him.

We have some great neighbors that are really helping with some odd handyman project work for Andy to bring in a little money. Andy's also been out talking to some of his former customers trying to find some kind of employment while looking for a full-time law enforcement position.

In the meantime I've been trying to put in more hours to help ends come closer to meeting. Andy's not dealing well with being Mr. Mom. I think we are both coming to a greater appreciation for each other's typical roles.

I really need to dig back into a Bible study. All the stress and work eats away at confidence and peace. I do trust that God will provide, but it is easy to let the doubts edge in... School starting next week should help with the routine of life a bit. Looking forward to that, even though I'm not really sure that I'm ready for summer to be over.

Miss ya'll. Leave a note and help me catch up with your lives as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fargo isn't so bad. It's a lot like Minnesota and I would imagine, Michigan too! And if you move there, I could come visit you!

Rock Chef said...

Hm, I really enjoy being Mr Mom, but I know it doesn't work for a lot of guys.

Hope things sort themselves out soon, I am sure they will!