Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shopping Randomness

It's late. My thoughts are scattered. This post will likely make both of those evident.

Having income again has been intoxicating. The ability to shop again is liberating (and addicting unfortunately). My refrigerator, freezer, and pantry are full. It's been a long time on that one. I've been doing the coupon/stockpiling thing in addition to investing into good quality supplies. We had pared down everything before we left trying to eat down what we had. So it is amazing to me to look into a fully stocked and very full fridge/freezer. Even my husband keeps mentioning about the variety we have to choose from.

Note to Self: Remember the bliss of this.

I'm also enjoying picking up items for the house and clothing instead of just getting by on what we have. I bought a hat, wallet, belt, and fun indigo raincoat at Target ($24 on clearance) just because I loved it (then rationalized it being good for spring walks to/from the bus stop). I scored huge deals at Gap ($3 skirt, $5 jean skirt, etc) and Banana Republic ($2 & $4 shirts) outlets last weekend too. I've bought linens and pillows for the guest room (for anyone wanting to visit) and hope to put the room together this week.

I'm weeding out the stuff "we got by on" - ill fitting jeans, slightly stained shirts, worn out stocks, stuff given to us to help out that was not really us to begin with - and if we don't love it, it's getting donated or pitched.

I'm getting comfortable again. I've splurged a bit. Now it's on to life as usually and getting back to the business of taking care of odds and ends. God blessed us with a great tax return this year. We'll be able to pay off Andy's school debt, share with some friends with needs, plus get the couch I've been waiting about 3 years for, the one that got postponed due to medical bills and Andy's early-midlife crisis.

We're excited to be debt free again and start saving towards a house down payment and getting a second vehicle again.

So grateful for the ways that God provides. Glad to breath again.

3 comments:

Kuckie said...

YAY!!! What a wonderful post! I don't usually enjoy shopping, but every once in a while (it helps if I'm getting great deals), it's really fun. I'm so glad you found some things to make you happy!

And I don't have to tell you how thrilled I am that your fridge/pantry is full!!! That makes my heart sing! :)

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear you can breathe easy and relax a bit again. You've been on high stress levels for too long.

Kiki said...

I agree with the girls....it is great to hear that happiness in your writing and know that you are in the palm of HIs hand...as always. In His care.