So on my list of simple pleasures today:
- Windburn - a sign you've spent time outside in a prairie state
- Pink skin - a sign that spring has arrived and I've been outside enjoying it
- Neighborhood kids - playmates for my boys and they are really good kids, too bad they are moving later this month...
- Impending visitors from the east - no, not the three wise men, but rather my in-laws are coming for the weekend. My kiddos are beside themselves counting down the days.
- Scheduling a visit back to MI - everything is more tolerable when you have a time line for fun. The count down to the end of May has started.
- Kind people - I joined a moms group at the the church we've been attending and God has put me in a group of generous and kind women. Too bad the season is almost up, but there is talk of summer playdates. Woo Hoo!
- The fact that ND doesn't have spring break means we'll be done with school in May.
- Skype - the ability to see friends and family that we love is a beautiful thing
- Cooking up a storm - I've been really pleased with most of my endeavors in the kitchen lately. A few flops, but overall successful. Check out a few of them @ Frugal Family Feasts
- Sweet boys - they have both been difficult lately. We are entering the attitude stage. However, today was a wonderful day filled with great manners, mostly good attitudes, and good memories.
- Saving $ - I'm finding all sorts of ways to save (and spend) money lately. I'm recycling old curtains, bedskirts, ripped sheets, and scraps of fabric into new (and might I add fun) curtains. I can't believe what stores get for a straight piece of fabric with a hem on it. I also bought a bright/funky fabric to trim out curtains for our bedroom along with making a bedskirt and pillows with. I love it. Have to tame the white walls somehow.
- The sandbox- Andy built a sandbox on our small deck for the boys to play with. They are disgustingly dirty by the end of the day, but it's keeping them busy (pouring it in each others hair, ears, etc)
- Vacuums & Brooms - to clean up the sand being tracked into the living room from the sandbox
- Sleep - I'm gonna go their now and try to get good quality sleep to make up for quantity. Why can't I get to bed earlier???
1 comment:
Nice to see there are some pluses too!
Post a Comment