- The ability to spend time alone with my husband. No babysitters here yet, odd work schedules, one car, etc doesn't make much of an opportunity to see each other.
- Social life - simply seeing others and having conversations.
- Being known - those who I love to know my heart, my needs, what makes me laugh, etc
- Panera
- Knowing where I am going and where things are located at.
- The house we built - I MISS MY KITCHEN! deep sinks, tall faucet, cupboards, flow, water dispenser, gas range, side-by-side fridge/freezer, an exhaust fan that works, lots of counter space. I miss having color on the walls and not having to look at an ugly border that scares my kid who thinks it has eyes on it that look at him... that's another story. Built in storage.
- The comfort of chatting with family and playing with my nieces/nephews
- Worshiping with friends and serving together at church, singing in praise team
- Settlers of Catan
- Sending my boys outside to play and not having to watch over them constantly
- Aldi
- Dairy prices that don't make you go broke
- Michigan
- Watching my boys love on their grandparents
- Wandering the neighborhood and chatting with friends
- A yard
- Compost pile and garden space
Monday, April 05, 2010
What I Miss
I've been stewing on this for two months, so I'm just gonna put it out there... Here is just a few of the things I'm missing right now:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You play Catan? A friend of mine has got the mega expensive 3D version with modelled resin tiles. Last summer a group of us had an all day session sitting in his garden, eating, drinking and playing. I an awful at it, thinking myself lucky if I'm not last, but I still love it.
That is a lot to miss - looking forward to the Nice list!
Yes, that is certainly a lot to miss and be homesick for...I don't envy you at all! But I'm sure there are many adventures to be had this summer in Fargo. And hopefully soon, you'll be on your way to finding some babysitters! Thinking of you, my friend!
I'm sure it all weighs heavier on your heart some days more than others. I hope that as the days pass, your new home begins to just feel like home.
Post a Comment