There is only one person who can make me unhappy - me.
There is only one person who can make me unhappy - me...
I'm needing to repeat that phrase over and over right now.
I'm finding it hard right now to live in the moment and not live in the past or future. I have a planned trip back to MI in 5 weeks and I find myself looking/dreaming/living for that rather than enjoying the moment.
Needing to find that balance between loving what was and is in MI, and allowing myself to learn to love North Dakota. Fast forward a few months and it will be a completely different life here. I just have to stop from wishing away right now.
5 comments:
I think it's in our nature to wish away the tough stuff thereby missing lots of good stuff in the process. Give yourself time to find that balance. You'll get there.
Sometimes we just have to stop. And to use a more "worldly" term...live in the moment. Creat divisions in your mind. Today is good...my boys are healthy...I have a paycheck...etc. etc. and 'tomorrow' will be awesome when I'm in MI enjoying friends and family and then after that back in ND...it will be good again.
ALL of it is good...some is better than others but it's all good.
I know you know all of this but being that you tend to be "up" on my down days and vice versa...I thought I'd try and cheer you up w/ some perspective and then later you can do the same for me.
Love you girl!
I think this is only natural - you have been through so much - things will settle soon.
With all my moves I have learned that you have to give yourself one whole year to really get acclimated to the new environment - there is no way to make it go faster - it is just one day building on another - one experience - one relationship - it all comes together and then you realize that you are really "home" in the new place. Especially you as a Mom - husbands have their work and children have their school work - but you as a Mom have lost all your "frames of references" and are starting over and that is why I am praying for you and Teresa! Are you working outside of the home?
I love you so much and will tell you again - you are -way- too hard on yourself. :) It's totally okay to miss MI. And it's okay that some days you don't. No one lives their whole like in a place, moves far away, and doesn't struggle in some way. It's all good. Like Teresa said, live in the moment. :) xoxo
Post a Comment