Tuesday, May 22, 2007

American Idol Surprise

To my surprise as I'm watching American Idol tonight... one of my favorite people in the recording industry was on - Scott Krippayne. He was the top winning songwriter ("This is My Now"). He's not only a songwriter but a recording artist as well. I've had the opportunity to meet him/hang out with him probably a dozen times when the radio station I used to work for (WCSG) brought him in for concerts or at GMA (Gospel Music Week) in Nashville.

At one record label dinner at GMA I sat next to him and we goofed off most of the night. I told him I felt like I just had dinner with my brother. He laughed and told me stories about his baby's severe reflux problems, how to measure spit up, etc. It was a thoroughly enjoyable dinner. He's one of the most honest and genuine people that I have ever met, completely humble, and a bit self effacing.

I'm so stinking proud of him that his talents are being recognized. He's such a prolific writer that I hope this really bolsters his career.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That was stinkin' awesome, wasn't it? Greg Yoder had a sneaky suspicion that it would be him...said he got a tip from Shannon Wexelberg that Scott was in California for a project. Hmmm. Anyway, remember his song "I'm Not Cool"? Guess he's super cool now! :)

Logzie said...

When Jordin started to cry at the end of that last song...I lost it. She is amazing! She is the winner! But, I would not be surprised if Blake actually wins as I think he has a larger fan base.

I actually voted last night for the first time! Go Jordin!