Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Longing For And Dreading

As Mother's Day approaches, here are a few things that I'm longing for that day, and a few things I'm dreading...

Can't wait for the day that:
  • I don't have to wipe anyone else's nose, butt or any other part of body.
  • I can eat a complete dinner without having to cut anyone else's food up.
  • I can rid the words "potty, poopies, toots, diaper, and nigh-night" from my vocabulary.
  • Child safety seats are no longer needed.
  • My children are in school giving me approximately 6 consecutive hours to do something.
  • I don't have to change my cloths 2-3x/day because the baby did something to it - thus giving me the ability to wear dry clean only clothing again.
  • My children are able to get themselves where they need to go without being carried, strolled, or carted.
  • I don't schedule my life around naptimes.
  • To not listen to the repeated "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom..." when the telephone rings.

Days I'm dreading:
  • When my boys are too old and too cool to hug their mom in public.
  • When my boys are too big to crawl up in my lap.
  • When my children no longer think that I'm Supermom, strong enough to do anything.
  • When the house is eerily quiet and I wonder how long it will be before they come home to visit or call.
  • When someone else will have to wipe my nose, butt, etc.
  • Becoming a professional chaufer to pre-license kids.
  • Worrying about my post-license kids driving.

1 comment:

Logzie said...

Happy Mother's Day Jenelle!!!!!